Things I am SO OVER ALREADY
1. Strangers in my house all day making drilling/sawing/banging sounds while listening to loud AM radio. It’s like a perfect storm of aural torture.
2. Still having half our downstairs belongings in boxes upstairs and furniture pushed together in the centre of the room so it’s like an obstacle course getting from the sofa to the kitchen.
3. Spending evenings and weekends priming, sanding, painting and repainting. Today it was the skirting boards (second coat) and windowsill (first coat). My back hurts.
4. Being unable to leave the house because strangers will be showing up at an unspecified time (usually much later than anticipated) to make drilling/sawing/banging sounds while listening to loud AM radio.
5. Dust, dust everywhere!
6. Perpetual gloom. We’re not quite underwater like other parts of the country, thank goodness, but the unremitting cloud-cover is making me SAD see what I did there.
There’s no end in sight for the renovations, really, although the main living/dining room is nearly done. If I don’t survive this, I’d like my ashes scattered all over the floor of some random builder’s house in REVENGE.
Sons of Anarchy
I’m nearly up to the end of series 4 on Netflix. Oh, those lovable biker gang rapscallions! Always up to something!
1. I like the club’s firm moral line that selling guns is OK but selling drugs is totally not. Drugs are DANGEROUS, yo!
2. I also enjoy that somehow the show has a rating that allows them to use the word ‘shit’ in the scripts, but nothing worse. Boy do they get their money’s worth out of ‘shit’. Every other sentence. All the characters seem scatologically obsessed.
3. I wish I could keep a running per-episode tally of gunfights, murders, and man-hugs (so, so many man-hugs) but I think my tallying hand would get tired.
…And that about sums up my life right now: renovating and watching TV. I’m also about halfway through the very tedious process of updating all the listings in my Etsy shop, improving the listing photos and adding variations, which means that customers can now select whether they want a JPG or a PDF, thus saving us all many rounds of “Oh, actually I wanted JPG files” back-and-forth, so hooray for Etsy. But as I said: tedious. Making new stuff (i.e. the fun part) is on the back-burner until this boring administrative stuff is done.